Useful techniques to help the voice and throat:
1. Warm-ups:lip trill
sss - zzz, sh – ggg, fff – vvv, mmm – nnn
mmm-ar-mmm, mmm-ee-mmm, mmm-igh-mmm, mmm-or-mmm,
mmm-air-mmm, mmm-er-mmm, mmm-oo-mmm
hum, humming up and down, humming,
singing a song/nursery rhyme
counting, read out loud.
2. Make vocal yawning, sighing, whimpering
3. Steaming - Use a cup full of boiling water and breathe in steam for few minutes. Helps to lubricate throat.
Note: Do not cover head in the boiling steam.
4. Breathing in with quick diaphragmatic (tummy) breathes.
5. Posture – Do not work at computer for more than 50 minutes, then take a break. Frequently look out the window
6. Relaxation – Make sure do something everyday to help with relaxation.
7. Emotions – Try to be objective with emotions.
8. Drink plenty of water.
9. Do Not: shout, whisper, strain or clear throat.
10. Swallow instead of clearing throat.
Have you ever suffered from problems with your voice? What helped you? Please comment on your ideas and experiences below.